Monday, October 19, 2020

The greatest lies in history

The Greatest Lies In History: Spin, Doublespeak, Buck Passing And Official Cover Ups That Shaped The WorldThe Greatest Lies In History: Spin, Doublespeak, Buck Passing And Official Cover Ups That Shaped The World by Alexander Canduci
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My first impression was very bad - this bombastic title.
As a result I treated the book initially with some suspicion and needed some time to regain confidence.
Second impression was also on negative side - lies that shaped the world.
For initial few stories from antiquity I did not find any serious consequences of a lie.
On the positive side I put interesting format of each story and solid work over historical data.
At this stage the deficiency was on my side - I felt overwhelmed with number and variety of facts and details.
I admit - this book was too hard for me.
Stories I enjoyed/appreciated most: Galileo, Vichy government, Fire of Rome, Chairman Mao win.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment