Thursday, October 29, 2020

One clear Ice-cold January morning..

One Clear Ice-cold January Morning at the Beginning of the 21st CenturyOne Clear Ice-cold January Morning at the Beginning of the 21st Century by Roland Schimmelpfennig
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Actually I did not like it at all.
I gave one extra star as acknowledgement of some novelty in the writing style.
Why I did not like it?
Because there is NO STORY!
Author does not bother to give names to most of the characters and it reflects the climate of indifference.
I do not know what was the criteria to name few people, still there is no consequence, they are nobody's with names.
There is a try to drop a connecting thread - the wandering wolf, but I do not see it connecting anything, just another appearance without consequences.
Probably some experts will find a deeper sense in the absolutely unemotional writing style, atomization of characters. But I reach for the book to get feeling of some involvement.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment