Sunday, October 18, 2020

MS Walk 2020

 It was supposed to be the 10th time, on 1st Sunday of June.

Supposed?
I registered at the earliest date, but in March came days of uncertainty and finally decision - the walk has been postponed till some unknown date :(

For long months it looked as postponed forever and finally a decision - do it your own way - on Sunday -18 October.

My own way?
It had to be not far from home so the choice was simple - walk a bit longer than one hour in Wattle Park.
And what about majestic Albert Lake and black swans?

Well, there is a creek or two and a bit of a pond, and ducks - it should do.

The day was a bit hazy.
I took my nordic walking poles and started walk from home.
I reached a completely overgrown pond...


No ducks, only frogs croaking.

Still I remember ducks here, they were very civilized ducks, I am sure they would not abandon a place without leaving a note.

I was right...

Just 200m east - Gardiner Creek...


My first concern was quality of water - was it used before for hands washing?

Anyway, I am used to hardships and restrictions, additionally I was encouraged by a single duck - just look carefully, it is there.

So I walked joyfully powered by memories from old days and hopes, that next year I will do it in Albert Park, and black swans will be there...

Due to uncertainty I did not make much noise about this walk, so I declared a quite modest fundraising target - $199. And I exceeded it by a dozen!

Thank you very much my sponsors.

To see my memories from previous years - click a multiple sclerosis label under this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment