Sunday, August 20, 2023

Whole Notes

Whole NotesWhole Notes by Eddie Ayres
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My remote contact with Emma and Ed Ayres started many years ago.
For many years it was listening to smooth voice of Emma presenting classical music on ABC/Classic - Morning.
At that time I had and opportunity to see her in action - ABC/Classic was broadcasted live from Percy Grainger museum.
I saw Emma and I realised that she is not quite comfortable in her role.
Then she disappeared from radio ABC and I met her on a book shelves - Danger Music - a relation from Emma's work in a music school in Afghanistan.
She explained that she could not cope with serene climate of her job and surrounding as she was tormented with a war inside, she needed to be surrounded by danger to keep some balance.
Then came another book - Cadence - relation from a solo bike travel from England to Hong Kong.
It was good to have such an introduction so I could read Whole Notes in relaxed mode.
Basically the book covers whole life of Ed, all experiences intertwined with music.
Experiences are many -daily life issues, experience of a student, performer, teacher, mature age student.
Separate stream are instruments - Ed writes about them with expertise and with love.
I have to admit, that at that point I often felt lost. Still I believed Ed and the list of suggested music added me some confidence.
My rating reflects this experience of being lost.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment