Thursday, June 2, 2022

MS Walk 2022

 Last Sunday of May, as usual, Australian MS Society organised MS Walk - a beautiful walk (or run) around Albert Lake.
I joined this action some dozen years ago...


So last Sunday..
No, I did not feel fit for it.
Doesn't matter but more important issue was fundraising.
In my best years  managed to raise over $1,000.
During last 2 years, due to Covid there was no event in Albert Park so my fundraising relied on my own contribution plus donations from 3 close friends.
Last year 2 of them died.

So?
I felt shy to advertise my action in wider circle of friends as I am aware that many of them are involved in help to people of Ukraine.

And then an opportunity came... from a BANK.

We had a small fixed term deposit.
Few days before the maturity date a notification came to check options available otherwise deposit will be reinvested on the current terms.
I tried to check, but each time I was getting message - check closer to maturity date.
Day before maturity it was the same.
On the maturity date I got notification that term deposit has been reinvested on previous terms.
Still I tried to see what were the options before that.
This time the button worked, it displayed a message - this deposit cannot be managed online, please visit the nearest branch.

I visited, but it really did not matter, you know what interest rates our banks are offering.
But what about my frustration and wasted time?

The bank was quite conciliatory, we agreed on $100.
I added few bucks and here we are...


Here is a confirmation of my last effort...

No comments:

Post a Comment