Sunday, April 28, 2013

MS Walk for the third time

The beginning was quite strange. Two years ago, browsing through various blogs I noticed one, written by Anna, young Polish girl  fighting with Multiple Sclerosis...




The girl was young and slender, but she fought like a war-hardened warrior (and the fight continues).
Until then, I imagined Multiple Sclerosis is some kind of sclerosis. And sclerosis is some old-age ailment - memory loss, fragility of blood vessels, brain stroke, etc. So great was my shock to learn, that it attacks mostly young people, mostly young women, just like one I mentioned at the beginning.
This knowledge brought another sad reflection on poor condition of human existence and my inability to solve all problems of this world.

It would have stayed like this forever if not..  few days later, on the announcements board in my library, I noticed a leaflet about MS Walk. It could not have been a pure coincidence. It was time to ACT!
I looked at MS Walk web page and registered for the event. My stories about it are here and here. My walk, below...



Last year I was looking forward for this event, my account of it is here and here. I collected over $700 for this honorable cause. Thank you my sponsors from around the world. My last steps looked like this...
This year I will match every dollar donated to my appeal with 1 złoty of my personal donation to Anna, who has to fight not only with the cruel disease, but also with very serious limitation of Polish health system.

No comments:

Post a Comment