Friday, March 9, 2012

Paving the way to Rome with muffins

Our parish priest - Fr David and Aunty Marjorie - Aboriginal elder, are planning to make a pilgrimage to Rome. Our parish organised a cake stall to help to soften a bit costs of this adventure. The sudden thought stroke me - it is the first time in my life, that I can sell a product of my hands.
But what can I bake?
 MUFFINS!
 I mentioned my idea to my wife, who is Iron-Chef and Master-Cook in one person. She nodded approvingly and placed in front of me an appropriate cook book opened on the right page.
I read - YES - even I can make it!
I decided on apricot muffins, it goes like that:
- 1 cup of grated dried muffins - Iron-Chef suggested just to cut them into thin slices.
Cover them with boiling water and put aside for 20 minutes.

- 125 g of butter, chopped

- 3 cups
self-raising flour,
- half cup of castor sugar,
- half cup milk,
- 3 eggs.
Now the hard part started. Instruction said: mix four and sugar in a large bowl, rub in butter, beat lightly eggs, combine eggs them with milk, mix everything with fork - do not over-mix. Well, my brain was already mixed up. The Super-Cook said nothing but armoured the kitchen robot. Vroom!


I greased the muffin bake form and sprinkled it with breadcrumbs. 20 minutes in moderately hot oven (180 C) - voila..


Iron-Chef tried one and nodded with approval. 
On Sunday I brought my achievement to the church and asked ladies at the cake stall for pricing. $2 each. 
It sounded fantastic. I got so excited, that I added from my pocket $1 for each muffin sold. After a bit of arms twisting I sold them all. 
Total income $35. 
Well, it will drive you guys only half way to the airport, but first step is most difficult. Bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment