Saturday, March 3, 2012

Clean Up Australia

On Sunday we have Clean Up Australia day. I noticed the news only last Friday, but luckily I managed to find a team in my suburb. After registration, I received my own web-page to promote the event. Our team started activity one day earlier. The day was rainy, but when I arrived my location, I found that I was part of a very tough bunch of people - girl-scouts..



Kids started work a bit earlier...



Our site was nicely marked - safety first ...



I received two bags, yellow for recyclables, white for other rubbish..



And here is my first success..



Later on, I was not so successful. It was pretty clean area, I collected only few empty cans (after lemonade) and some candy wraps. The only interesting finding was a dead rat. I finished my task in some 45 minutes and received a formal certificate..



Well, I feel it was not fully deserved. Next year I will try to find some dirtier place.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. tho I'll take ur advice and get there after the kids have done the main body of work

      Delete