Friday, March 18, 2011

Mushrooms

Autumn, means in Poland mushrooms. I remember from many years ago, excursions to forest and coming back with bags full of mushrooms. Actually, I did not like these events. Many hours of careful walking with head hanging down and eyes looking for brown hats in the grass.
We did not expect to find mushrooms in Australia. Couple of years after settling down here, we learned, that there are good mushroom fields around Daylesford. That was true. Another good place was found at the Red Hill. For me it was too far to drive and I was right. In December last year I found a mushroom field just 10 minutes walk from our home. It is in the bushes at the back of children playground. It produces just one type of mushrooms, like this...



At home they looked like this...



The recipe is simple:
- take heads only,
- mix one egg with 3 tablespoons of milk,
- put some salt or herbamare on the mushrooms,
- dip mushroom head in the egg with milk,
- toss in bran,
- drop on hot frying pan...



Delicious!!!
I wrote, that mushroom season is in Autumn. But these ones are crazy. I spotted them first time in December and since then I regularly brought home a dozen per fortnight.
Our only worry is, that it is so close to the playground. One day they may be noticed by council workers maintaining vegetation around the playground and I am sure, these guys will treat them as a dangerous pest and eradicate them with some killer of all growing things. So I check our secret forest every second morning to prevent the strike.

1 comment:

  1. Didnt say how much rice flower... Also if air is needed to mix up spores in syringe then boil water in a kettle then suck in steam from pour spout for sterilized air...

    psilocybe cubensis syringe

    ReplyDelete