Thursday, April 4, 2024

Where the Crawdads Sing

Where the Crawdads SingWhere the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First point probably nullifies my whole review - I did not read it, I watched the movie.
Here is my story...
Seeing many enthusiastic reviews of the book I was very keen to borrow it from the library but the queue was very long. Then I noticed the movie on the library shelf so I borrowed it.
I do not regret.
First point - I was very touched by the story, I would rate the movie at 4+.
Second point - few times I found the story absolutely naive or improbable but the vision works differently than the logic - I followed the action putting reservations aside.
They came together after finished watching the movie and had some time for reflection.
(view spoiler)
I read few reviews of the book and I fully sympathise with readers who abandoned the book after 50 pages.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment