Monday, March 25, 2024

The Warsaw Protocol

The Warsaw Protocol (Cotton Malone, #15)The Warsaw Protocol by Steve Berry
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

First book I read written by this author and I think the last.
Mostly I should blame myself, simply I am not interested with stories where in every second chapter someone is killed.
Other fault on my side is that I have difficulty to concentrate on very complicated and messy plot, specifically when the plot doesn't make much sense to me.
The only reason I gave it 2 stars were details about Polish history. I was amazed how many of them are included in the book and wonder how interesting they were for non-Polish readers - I am Polish.
Another point...
The plot of the book does not make any sense to me.
The idea is that presidential election in Poland is coming and president learns that a file of discrediting him information is to be sold for the highest bidder.
There is not a word of clarification of actual political situation in Poland - who is a possible contender in the election, what are main political parties, which of them is supporting the president.
There is an elaborate description of evolution of political situation in Poland after the Second World War and it looks that result in NIL. All power is in hands of a single person, so even worse than in the communist system.
Some logic.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment