Monday, June 15, 2020

Blue ribbons bitter bread

Blue Ribbons Bitter Bread: Joice Loch, Australia's Most Heroic WomanBlue Ribbons Bitter Bread: Joice Loch, Australia's Most Heroic Woman by Susanna de Vries
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Exceptional life.
I am impressed by each aspect of Joice's life and action.
I have also to admit, that it might have been not easy to put into a book.
There was hard selfless work day after day, it is not easy to turn it into an exciting story.
I am looking forward for time when libraries will open to public and I will be able to confront this book with original writing of Joice Loch. I strongly believe that I will find extra value.
So far my main reservation to the book is number of errors in reporting historical events.
I understand that such errors could have been done in original writing of Joyce Loch, in many cases she heard stories from not reliable sources.
I am disappointed that these mistakes have been copied by Susanna de Vries into her book without any comments.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment