Thursday, February 1, 2024

Wifedom

Wifedom: Mrs. Orwell's Invisible LifeWifedom: Mrs. Orwell's Invisible Life by Anna Funder
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

After reading first few chapters of this book I was quite impressed with author's care for details and diligence.
I was also impressed by Anna's Funder talent to present wifedom as magical ability to knit a fabric of satisfactory family life.
With some difficulty I can swallow her accusations of patriarchal system for unequal treatment of men and women.
And here comes a marital life of George Orwell and Eileen O'Shaughnessy.
Very unsatisfactory life for Eileen.
And at that point I lost most of my interest for this book.
I acknowledge, it is my fault, simply I am not interested in stories which lead to nowhere and that is exactly how I receive this book.
I am additionally disappointed that so much effort of such smart author has been invested

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment