Thursday, October 11, 2018

Nicola Tesla - My Inventions

My Inventions and Other WritingsMy Inventions and Other Writings by Nikola Tesla
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Exciting and confusing book at the same time.
Insight into a terribly restless mind.
I used term "terribly" because while reading this book I felt sadness. Sadness for this lonely and in many aspects wasted life.
Exciting part - of course description of his many, many brilliant ideas.
Confusing. Firstly, I could not reconcile some of his ideas with my knowledge of physics. Secondly, in few cases his ideas reached beyond science and led to very bizarre conclusions. E.g. he imagined that producing a super weapon will bring an everlasting peace as nobody will dare to oppose a country having such a weapon. That's crazy.
In few Tesla articles included in this book, there are very specific references to drawings, which are not included into the book - this is very sloppy editing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment