Friday, March 17, 2017

Snapshot from Vietnam - on the road

Few days ago I returned from a short visit to Vietnam. The beginnig was not easy. Taxi, which drove me from the airport very quickly left highway and submerged in a maze of narrow and busy streets. Around us was regular street traffic - CLICK.

Pathways occupied by parking motorbikes, booths and stalls offering variety of goods. Strongest impressions made women, who could squat in every imaginable place and in few minutes set up a portable kitchen serving hot meals.



Food was not on my agenda, I intended to reach Hoal Kiem Lake nearby - CLICK.

Footpaths completely blocked. I struggled with traffic around, ducked left or right at the noise of the horn. Nightmare.

After some observation and consultation with other members of my group I formulated a following rule:
Horn signal means - I am behind you, bigger and stronger than you and determined. I assume, that you also know what you are doing. Lets continue our actions in peace.
Lack of horn signal means the same.

Result - there is no road rage.

Sorry, I overdone it. During a taxi ride in Saigon our driver honked at the motorist, who blocked our way.

New order is around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment