Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Return to snow

Sunny and snowy winter was too tempting. I returned on snow after few years break. On 1 August I drove to Bogong Village for a social weekend with my old friends from Melbourne Nordic Ski Club - MNSC.
Saturday morning was sunny and frosty. The road was clear but at some places icy and we had to put snow chains on. Luckily we got help from a couple of young Chinese guys and drove smoothly to the top...


Ski trails looked very tempting...


The skier was tempted, but limited by age and other conditions...


On Sunday the weather continued a sunny spell. This time I tried some downhill...


Sharper turns on blue trails caused some pain in knees, so I spent most time on beginner trails. Still enjoyable and the views compensated my fitness shortcomings...



No comments:

Post a Comment