Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Life and death under the bridge

mosty

As you can see, Melbourne main river - Yarra - arrives in the city in very nice shape. Bike path runs along the banks, under many bridges. In the city centre many homeless people sleep under the bridges. Someone would think, that homeless people should sleep peacefully as they own next to nothing. Yet, during my bike ride last Sunday, I passed near the site where someone was stabbed to death two days earlier. Bunches of flowers and R.I.P. scratched on the wall marked the sad event.
He was not killed by another homeless person, which only consolidated my belief, that the poor people are not the threat to my safety and comfort of life, quite opposite.
Under the next pylon some people were still enjoying peaceful sleep.

Click images below to display them in larger format.
R.I.P. nocleg

No comments:

Post a Comment