Monday, May 24, 2010

2006 - departure

Mid August 2006. Plane's name was Mozart. This is what Austrians sell best.
Next to me sits a young lady, very talkative. No wonder, she is an editor in a company publishing school textbooks.
She studied creative writing, so the conversations moves to literature. She knows Australian writers:
- Peter Carey. Oooo, I have to read some of his books!
- Tim Winton! I started reading his Dirt music...
What about Joseph Conrad?
- I read The heart of Darkness.. I mean, I almost finished.
Her knowledge of Singapore is better.
It is a great place for shopping. And for eating. Have a walk in Orchard Road, see the shops and have a bite of something here and there. Oh, and do not miss Little India!
Interesting. In many cities, Chinatown is the attraction. But in Singapore it is Little India. So what is an attraction in New Delhi?

No comments:

Post a Comment